To print this article, simply register or log in to Mondaq.com.
I am pleased to announce the publication of . of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)Articles aboutIP aspects of augmented and virtual reality technologies. ”
This article was written by AIPLA’s Augmented Reality (AR)/Virtual Reality (VR) Working Group. On this breakout group, I had the honor of co-leading with Mr. Barrett Spraggins in his 2022 (and continuing to co-lead in 2023).
I am a colleague on the AIPLA committee and a co-author of this paper, each member providing their perspective on AR/VR in relation to the metaverse and considering current utility and design patent law. Authors include Barrett Spraggins, David Poynter, George Raynall, and Ryan Phelan.
- Definition of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- AR/VR technology used in Metaverse
- Intellectual Property Aspects of AR and VR Technologies. Includes the following topics:
- Trademarks Considering Trademark Applications, Trademark Infringement, and Non-Fungible Tokens
- Design patent considering metaverse
- Utility Patents Considering the Metaverse – 35 USC Section 101 Issues (Subject Matter Eligibility)
We look forward to working on the next papers this year to further advance these themes.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. For your particular situation, you should seek professional advice.
Hot Articles: U.S. Intellectual Property