Get your daily bite-sized digest of crypto and blockchain-related news and explore the articles flying under the radar of crypto news today.
- bankrupt cryptocurrency lender Genesis Global Capital and cryptocurrency exchange Gemini is seeking a U.S. court to dismiss the action by Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) alleging that two unregistered securities were sold, according to For submission to court.
- Singapore State Investor Temasek Holdings On Monday, it announced it was cutting rewards for teams that recommended investing in bankrupt teams. FTX The exchange and its senior management team, South China Morning Post report. The move comes about six months after Temasek began an internal review of its investment in FTX, resulting in a $275 million write-down. Mr. Temasek did not provide details on the amount of the pay cut.
- Gamified Asset Marketplace block trade announced the end of its Block Trade Exchange Token (BTEX) sale round, which ran from May 5 to 18, following a sold-out pre-sale round earlier this year. A total of €4.5 million ($4.8 million) worth of his BTEX was collected from his over 1,400 community members in 42 countries. according to Go to press release.
- Michael Egorov, CEO of DeFi Protocol curve financeand wife Anna Egorova have reportedly purchased two luxury villas worth A$59 million (US$38.6 million) in Melbourne, Australia.Australian Financial Review called Purchase of Victorian mansion ‘Avon Court’ Victoria’s ‘most expensive sale of 2023’. Property documents confirm that the Hawthorne property has been transferred from previous owners, the Du family, to new owners, Anna Egorova, for A$41 million.
- Hong Kong Police have introduced a new Web3 platform called ‘CyberDefender Metaverse’ as part of their technological advances and held their first event within the virtual realm entitled ‘Exploring the Metaverse’.of Cybersecurity and Technology Crime Bureau The Police Department (CSTCB) has taken this step to “educate the public about the threats and opportunities associated with the Web3 and the Metaverse, raise awareness of new technology crimes, and inspire crime.” [a] new experience Said announcement.
- Huobi Hong Kongthe Hong Kong division of the Global Exchange, Said It announced that it will start providing spot and managed services to corporate and retail customers in the region, and that it has applied for a virtual asset exchange license from the United States. Hong Kong Securities Regulatory Commission. Huobi HK said it plans to work with independent auditing bodies to strengthen its security procedures over the next six months.
- Bybit Kazakhstan announced that it had received approval in principle. Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA) as a digital asset exchange facility and custodial service provider. Astana International Financial Center (AIFC) and multiple media reported. With this approval, Bybit is subject to prerequisites that will lead to permanent approval once the exchange completes the application process.
- phantom Blockchain aims to reward projects that use its network and contribute to higher gas bill usage. “Fantom’s gas monetization program rewards eligible dApps with his 15% of the gas fees they generate, giving developers additional income.” Said website. Implementation of the proposal will reduce Fantom’s burn rate from 20% to 5%, and this 15% reduction will be channeled into gas monetization, thereby rewarding dapps, sustaining creators and increasing Fantom’s network infrastructure. It is stated that structures are supported.