Join us for an in-depth conversation with Leila Saliva, VP of Special Projects at Xsolla Metasites. Xsolla Metasites uses AI, 3D graphics, pixel streaming, cloud computing, and monetization tools to create unique virtual experiences.
Drawing on her extensive experience in digital, business development, and influencer marketing, she delves into the discussion of the “metaverse” including VR, AR, AI, social gaming, Web3, and blockchain.
Leila Salieva talked about how brands are facing the challenges of entering the metaverse, its technical complexities, content creation, privacy, security concerns, and evaluating success measures.
1. You have a rich background in various industries, from fashion to advertising to IT startups. How has this diverse experience shaped your approach to Metaverse and digital innovation?
Based on my observations over the years, as the world of content consumption evolves, it has become increasingly clear that industries are adopting new communication channels and content formats to reach their target audiences.
Omnichannel strategies currently consist of multiple information outflows, including text, images, videos, streams, and more. The pattern for content development is clear, typically progressing from text to images to video and finally to 3D streams.
The emergence of the Metaverse, a virtual world of 3D content, is creating the next frontier of immersive brand experiences. Users, especially her Gen Z, have enthusiastically embraced this trend, spending up to five hours a day in these inviting environments and looking for new opportunities to interact with products and brands before making a purchase.
This trend is rapidly gaining momentum and expanding to various industries. Brands that fail to adapt to these new needs risk being left behind in their respective markets.
2. With your extensive experience in digital marketing and business development, how have you seen the concept of the metaverse evolve over time?
The Metaverse, once a virtual universe where users interacted within a digital space, has evolved into a more immersive and scalable digital ecosystem.
In today’s digital environment, the metaverse includes a variety of technologies, including virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), augmented reality (XR), artificial intelligence (AI), social gaming, Web3, and blockchain. Masu. This evolution has opened up many ways for businesses and marketers to engage with their audiences, providing innovative opportunities for growth and brand enhancement.
Businesses and their stakeholders are beginning to realize that the metaverse is fertile ground for innovation. They are passionate about creating immersive experiences, engaging customers in novel ways, and monetizing digital assets. Big brands are increasingly exploring the Metaverse for a variety of applications.
- Fashion and apparel companies are hosting virtual fashion experiences, and entertainment giants are using virtual fashion experiences to promote movies and engage with fans.
- Gaming platforms have transformed into metaverse-like environments, offering opportunities for in-game collaboration.
- Real estate companies are selling virtual real estate, and the auto industry is displaying vehicles in virtual showrooms.
- Metaverse is also a hub for digital art, collectibles, and virtual events, with applications spanning education, healthcare, retail, and social engagement.
Brands are leveraging this digital frontier to connect with their audiences, increase engagement, and create unique experiences.
However, challenges around privacy, security, and the rapid evolution of metaverse technologies must be addressed. This means it’s better to work with partners who can lead you to new frontiers.
3. The term metaverse is certainly broad and can be overwhelming. How can we describe the Metaverse to make it more usable for both individuals and businesses?
The Metaverse is an exciting, advanced version of the Internet, the next step in the dot-com and social media era, and games that are more immersive, interconnected, and engaging, or what we call them. Deliver a personalized experience to all users.
Imagine a digital space where people around the world can interact, work, play, and create in a shared virtual environment with a shared virtual economy. Attend virtual social gatherings, work remotely, and enjoy immersive entertainment.
Businesses can also use Metaverse to enhance marketing, customer engagement, collaboration, and training.
4. Can you describe the typical obstacles brands face when entering the metaverse, and what strategies would you recommend for brands to overcome these obstacles?
It continues to be an interesting educational journey for many brands, as many are still struggling to understand the concept of the metaverse and its potential. To overcome this, we recommend investing in educating yourself and your team through workshops, seminars, and partnerships with Metaverse experts.
If you think about the main challenges, the main ones are technical complexity, content creation, privacy and security issues, developing a monetization strategy, protecting brand integrity, user engagement, regulatory hurdles, For example, measuring KPIs.
The easiest way to solve all of this is to work with Metaverse experts and leverage technology partnerships. Metaverse experts can provide their creators with specialized content, prioritize user data protection, ensure inclusivity, consider diverse monetization models, and maintain brand consistency.
Many brands have successfully navigated the metaverse and used it to their advantage. I think a third of his Fortune 100 companies are already experimenting with that area. Here are some examples:
- NBA Top Shot, an NFT-based platform, has revolutionized the sports memorabilia market by selling officially licensed basketball highlights as digital goods, creating a thriving marketplace.
- Nike successfully launched virtual sneakers and clothing in the Metaverse while staying true to its brand identity and quality.
- Adidas has been exploring the metaverse through marketing campaigns and virtual experiences, using data analytics to measure the impact of its efforts.
- LVMH is using Fortnite and Unreal to transform the group’s creative pipeline and offer customers new types of immersive experiences such as virtual fitting rooms and fashion shows, 360 product carousels, augmented reality and the creation of digital twins. announced a partnership with Epic Games, the developer of the engine. .
These are just a few examples of brands’ diverse strategies and successful approaches in the Metaverse.
5. Based on the challenges brands face in the metaverse, could you dig deeper into how they should measure the success of their efforts within this space?
Measuring the success of your brand’s efforts in the Metaverse requires a tailored approach that takes into account the unique nature of this space. From my perspective, defining ROI or user acquisition cost as the ultimate KPI is not the way to measure success.
When evaluating the success of your brand’s efforts in the Metaverse, there are a variety of other important metrics to consider that reflect the unique nature of this digital space.
I truly believe that user engagement is paramount, and metrics like visitor numbers, dwell time, and interaction rates provide valuable insight into how engaging a brand’s virtual presence is.
We also believe that there are unique metrics specific to the metaverse that play an important role. For example, measuring engagement with innovations such as user-generated content, avatar interactions, and participation in virtual events can provide valuable information.
Monitoring user growth and retention rates is also essential for brands with a continued presence in this space. At the end of the day, the definition of success in the metaverse depends on your brand’s goals.
For some, success may be measured in financial terms such as sales revenue, while for others it is more about brand positioning, engagement, or establishing a pioneering presence in this emerging digital space. It may be.
6. Can you tell us more about Xsolla Metasites and its unique value proposition in a metaverse environment?
Metasites offers a unique combination of advanced technologies that combine AI, 3D graphics, pixel streaming, cloud computing, and in-house monetization tools. These technologies help partners showcase their assets in the virtual world in a way that aligns with the company’s DNA.
Integrate many AI tools to save development time and create unique experiences. AI-powered NPCs are just one example. It also uses voice recognition and synthesis technology to enable voice-controlled interfaces and realistic voice interactions with AI-powered characters.
Procedural generation reduces manual content creation by using AI algorithms to create diverse virtual worlds. Facial recognition and emotion detection technology enhances social interaction by allowing avatars to mimic real human facial expressions, and gesture recognition ensures intuitive user interaction in VR environments.
We have also integrated blockchain and AI solutions to manage digital assets, verify ownership, and secure transactions. AI-driven animation brings lifelike, responsive movement to characters and objects.
As these technologies continue to develop, they promise to expand the functionality and experiences available in virtual worlds, making metasites more dynamic and personalized.
7. How does Metasite’s AI toolset, specifically AI-driven NPCs, contribute to the evolution of the overall Metaverse experience? And how can brands leverage this toolkit to their advantage? Do you have it?
AI-driven non-player characters (NPCs) are more than just a feature. These are the catalysts for more engaging, scalable, and dynamic user experiences.
For example, AI NPCs can interact with you in a more personalized and intelligent way. Responding to user queries, navigating virtual environments, and participating in complex scenarios will help the Metaverse feel more alive and responsive.
Additionally, AI can be used to generate dynamic content that adapts and evolves in response to user behavior. This keeps the metaverse fresh and engaging, and new experiences are continually created.
For brands, AI-driven NPCs offer unique opportunities, such as creating brand ambassadors/influencers and customer service agents within the metaverse. These NPCs can provide information about products and services, assist with transactions, and provide personalized recommendations based on your interactions and preferences.
Consider a virtual AI twin of an influencer or celebrity that your brand has signed on to, and the unique experience where this influencer takes everyone on a guided, personal journey through your brand’s story. .
These interactions provide valuable data insights into user preferences, behaviors, and trends.
8. Can you explain the urgent need for brands to start incorporating these AI-driven elements into their metaverse strategies?
As mentioned in the introduction, this urgency is primarily driven by the rapid evolution of user expectations. Modern digital users demand increasingly immersive, interactive, and personalized experiences.
AI-driven features like non-player characters (NPCs) and dynamic content generation are essential to meeting these expectations. These not only enhance user engagement, but also enable brands to remain relevant and appealing in an environment characterized by constant change.
Additionally, the competitive environment of the metaverse provides unique opportunities for differentiation. Early adoption of AI tools can give brands a significant competitive advantage. These tools enable innovative and engaging experiences that set your brand apart and position you as a leader on the digital frontier.
Additionally, AI-driven elements provide unparalleled scalability and efficiency in managing user interactions. This scalability is critical in the Metaverse, allowing brands to more effectively engage with larger audiences without proportionally increasing resources.
Finally, the interactive and personalized experiences enabled by AI can help build stronger, more meaningful relationships with users and foster long-term brand loyalty.
All the information contained on our website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Any action you take upon the information you find on our website, is strictly at your own risk.